Let us take you on a journey…
~ Whether you are a family group, grandparent or young couple our aim is to provide and enjoyable yet educational day out for you aswell the younger generation ~
- Meet our rare breed Heavy Horses whilst learning about their important role in history with daily talks and demonstrations throughout the day. Learn how these rare breeds faithfully served man for thousands of years from carrying knights in armour, transporting goods up and down the country to farming and pulling barges on the waters…
- A unique and rare opportunity to sit & relax at the Romany encampment; listen to a talk on Romany wagons, horses and their way of life…
- Soak up some of Dorset’s finest scenery on a horse-drawn carriage around the park – old fashioned transport first hand!
- Learn how to harness up a Heavy Horse with our morning demonstration
- From battles of the past discover how these unknown heroes carried soldiers into battle
- Explore exhibits from days gone by; old blacksmiths, vintage trucks, showman’s vehicles, harness makers and more who were once pillars of the community
- Discover the horses that worked on water with NEW 2017 static canal display!
- New for 2017 Heavy Horse to Heavy Haulage Display showing the ‘change over period’ and the sad ending to ‘heavy horse power’
- Drive a real farm tractor in an off-road arena!